Friday, August 7, 2009



July 27-Aug 1

What a week...moving, training, interviewing....Phew!! I made it through a very busy week. My training suffered a bit, but I was able to manage a couple workouts with the TEAM.

We had our first official Track workout last Thursday at Gunn High School. It was SO amazing to watch all the new participants go out and try something new. Our coaches gave us a great core workout with lunges, squats, planks, and much more.

Saturday was an early day...I had a hard time getting out of bed. After moving all week, I was exhausted. I made my way to Stanford University for our very first regional run of the season...YEAH!!! We had to switch some things around, but it all worked out. This season I am in charge of getting volunteers out at our water stops. I was a little nervous going into this run because I wasn't sure we would have enough people. BUT we did!! Most of the participants ran further than they had ever run before and it was so inspirational to see the smiles on each of their faces when they finished.

The season is starting off GREAT!!! Next week is an on your own week for TNT, but not for me!! Disney Half Marathon training continues....my miles are increasing and I need to get back on track now that my move is complete!

To help me fight blood cancer check out my website:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/honolulu09/dzlatunich

No comments:

Post a Comment